How to find us?
Address: NG Building, NATO HQ, Boulevard Leopold III, 1110 Brussels, BELGIUM
NATO Parliamentary Assembly is waiting for candidates to the General Affairs Coordinator position
NATO Parliamentary Assembly is planning to employ a General Affairs Coordinator. The final deadline for applicants to submit needed documents is March 24th. All relevant documents should be sent to the address [email protected]
The NATO Parliamentary Assembly (NATO PA) is the inter-parliamentary organisation of legislators from the member countries of the North Atlantic Alliance as well as from NATO partner countries. The Assembly provides a critical forum for international parliamentary dialogue on an array of security, political and economic matters. Its principal objective is to foster mutual understanding among Alliance parliamentarians of the key security challenges facing the transatlantic partnership. Assembly discussions and debates make an important contribution to the development of the consensus that must underpin Alliance policies. For more information, please visit our website www.nato-pa.int.
The NATO Parliamentary Assembly is looking for a
GENERAL SERVICES COORDINATOR
For its office in Brussels
(Full-time, permanent contract of employment)
Under the supervision of the Head of Operational Management, the General Services Coordinator ensures the maintenance of the building, the equipment, and the infrastructure of the offices of the international secretariat of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly in Brussels. S/he makes sure that optimal working conditions for the staff of the Assembly are achieved and maintained. S/he also acts as main contact point for issues related to the safety of the building.
- • Supervising and handling the maintenance of the building including the security system, as well as coordinating and following-up on any necessary work;
- • Maintenance of equipment, furniture and other office materials, research into office suppliers, management of inventories;
- • Management of specific material needed for sessions and other events
- • Security: acting as the first point of contact with the external security company; ensuring risk prevention and the safety of the installations;
- • Stock management;
- • Driver duties;
- • During the bi-annual parliamentary sessions: contact with carriers, organisation of freight, manage customs and insurance formalities, packing and recording material for the transport to and from the session venue, distribution and provision of on-site material and preparation of meeting rooms;
- • Meetings in the office in Brussels: preparation of meeting room, distribution of documents and materials.
Qualifications and experience
- • High school diploma and at least two years of experience as General Services Coordinator or similar position;
- • Experience of working in an international environment an advantage
- • Knowledge of Belgian administrative procedures;
- • Excellent knowledge of French and English. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
- • Class B driving license holder for at least of two years.
NATO Parliamentary Assembly Assemblée parlementaire de l’OTAN
- • Service minded;
- • Strong manual skills;
- • Proactive and good common sense;
- • Team spirit;
- • Rigorous and organised;
- • Flexibility to adjust to changing demands;
- • Multicultural awareness – capable of working in a multinational environment;
- • Able to work under pressure;
- • IT Proficiency: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook);
- • Availability to travel at least twice a year, for approximately 10 days each time.
The Assembly offers a full-time permanent position and an attractive package of benefits including medical insurance and pension scheme.
Be a national of a NATO member country (list available on www.nato-pa.int).
Position to be filled in mid-April/beginning of May.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to [email protected] by close of business on Friday 24 March 2017:
- Letter of application (English or French)
- Curriculum vitae (English or French)
- 2 recent references with names and contact details