- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 8.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Kherson Oblast Governor
- 2019-10-17 On 17 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Ambassador of Romania
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister emphasizes U.S. role in ensuring security of Lithuania and whole region
On 13 August in Vilnius, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the U.S. Congressman Mike Quigley, representing the 5th Congressional District of Illinois to discuss important issues of the bilateral Lithuania-U.S. relationship, security situation in the region, and energy policy.
Participants of the meeting stressed that the agenda of the bilateral relationship between Lithuania and the United States was extremely intensive. The Foreign Minister emphasized that Lithuania appreciated the active role of the U.S. in ensuring the security of Lithuanian and NATO's eastern borders, as well as the U.S. Government contribution to collective defense.
The U.S. Congressman got acquainted with Lithuania's comprehensive position on serious safety violations and threats posed by the Ostrovets nuclear power plant under construction in Belarus. L. Linkevičius and the U.S. Congressman M. Quigley also exchanged their views on the situation in Ukraine, relations with Russia.
M. Quigley is a member of the Democratic Party, the House Committee on Appropriations, the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, and the Sustainable Energy and Environment Coalition.
After the visit to Vilnius, the U.S. Congressman's delegation will head to Belarus.