- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
Lithuania hands a note to Russian representative over security of staff of its representation in Moscow
On 12 April, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania summoned a representative of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Lithuania and handed a note over threats posed to the employees of the Lithuanian representation in the Russian Federation and their family members.
On 31 March, the Embassy of Lithuania in Moscow received a threatening letter, which was associated with a ruling issued on the 13 January case by the Vilnius Regional Court.
The letter demands that the staff of the Embassy and their family members leave Moscow in a month. The letter is signed by members of the Russian veterans’ organization that unites former workers of Russian special services.
The Embassy’s official note of 1 April requests the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation to immediately carry out an investigation into this incident and to ensure physical security of the staff of the representation and their family members. However, there has been no official reaction from Russian institutions so far.
The Lithuanian Foreign Ministry summoned the representative of the Embassy of the Russian Federation and reiterated the requirement to immediately investigate the incident, as well as to ensure safety and security of the staff of the Lithuanian diplomatic representation and their family members in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 1961.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania has taken the necessary measures falling under internal regulations to strengthen the protection of the diplomatic representation in Moscow, its staff and their family members.