- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government sitting in the Seimas.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 5:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of Africa Day celebrations at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 7:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of the Vilnius Russia Forum.
- 2018-05-25 On 25 May from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the Russia Forum.
- 2018-05-25 Press Conference after Vilnius Russia Forum
In Stockholm, Linkevičius discusses key regional security issues
On 13 February in Stockholm, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Sweden Margot Wallström discussed bilateral relations and regional security.
“In the face of the current geopolitical challenges in the region, we must continue to strengthen both bilateral and regional cooperation, especially seeking effective solutions to issues of regional security and the Eastern Partnership initiative. In these areas, it is important to strengthen solidarity, build a more robust EU-NATO partnership, and develop transatlantic cooperation,” said the Minister Linkevičius.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister emphasized that cooperation with Sweden and other Nordic and Baltic states was one of the most important priorities for Lithuania. According to him, our countries enjoy a close and dynamic relationship. Sweden is one of Lithuania’s closest allies in supporting Ukraine on its path towards European integration.
Linkevičius also thanked Sweden for its leadership in coordination among donors of the Vilnius-based European Humanities University.
Sweden is the largest foreign investor in Lithuania, while Lithuania is increasingly investing in Sweden and is interested in further development of investment projects in finance, manufacturing, engineering, science and innovation, etc. Our bilateral trade also grows – Sweden is the fifth largest trading partner of Lithuania. In addition, there is great potential for further economic cooperation.