- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
On 23 May, a big sculpture “Garden” by an internationally acclaimed Lithuanian American artist Ray Bartkus was opened in the Union Station, the main station in Washington, D.C.
The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and Lithuania are pleased to announce the contest for the first Balts’ Award.
The aim of the Balts’ Award is to recognise the excellence and achievements related to individual contribution and accomplishment in promotion of Latvian-Lithuanian and Lithuanian-Latvian translations, teaching and enhancing the use of Latvian and Lithuanian languages, research on the Latvian and Lithuanian tangible and intangible cultural and historic heritage, as well as investigative journalism on Latvian and Lithuanian history, culture and tourism.
On 1 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius greeted the organisers and listeners, who were in the audience at the benefit concert ‘Paradise Birds’ at St. Catherine’s Church in Vilnius. The event was organized by the Vilnius City Municipality St. Christopher Chamber Orchestra and Caritas in Lithuania.
On 13 February, a presentation of coins issued by the Bank of Lithuania on the occasion of the centenary of the restoration of the state of Lithuania took place at the House of Signatories in Vilnius. One coin is dedicated to Lithuania’s diplomatic service.
On 26 January, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania together with the Lithuanian Jewish Community marked the International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
On 3 January, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius together with the Ambassador of Israel to Lithuania Amir Maimon, the Ambassador of the United States Anne Hall, the Chair of the Jewish Community of Lithuania Faina Kukliansky, the Mayor of Molėtai District Municipality Stasys Žvinys, a representative of the Department of Cultural Heritage under the Ministry of Culture, the elder of the Alanta eldership, and representatives of the municipality visited a former Jewish synagogue in Alanta, Molėtai district.
On 3 December in Frankfurt am Main, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius congratulated Jonas Mekas, who was awarded the B3 BEN Biennale award for his lifetime contribution to cinema and video art.
The 7th annual Litvak Days took place on 29-30 November in London. The series of events present the Lithuanian Jewish cultural heritage. This year, the Litvak Days were dedicated to celebrating and exploring the many artistic talents and contributions of Litvaks to world art.
On 20 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithaunia Linas Linkevičius received the world renowned painter Samuel Bak and his wife, Heidy Josee Bak. Bak currently paints and lives outside of Boston in Weston, Massachusetts. He is visiting Lithuania on the occasion of the opening of his museum. The painter, who has survived the Holocaust, donated over 50 valuable paintings to Lithuania. He was born in Vilnius in 1933.
On 4 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, who is visiting Israel, congratulated participants of the international conference “How to Present the Great Vilna Synagogue Site?“